Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Needle Lust

I've always secretly desired a set of Knit Picks' Options interchangeable needles. But, whenever I was struck with the urge to actually purchase them, I resisted. I rationalized that I could live without them just fine. I didn't really NEED them after all and so I couldn't ever bring myself to justify the cost.

Alas! Those crafty gals at Knit Picks have upped the ante by unveiling the most beautiful needles I've ever seen!! (Here's where I start to sound like an infomercial!)

http://www.knitpicks.com/interchangeable+circular+knitting+needles_NL300312.html

Knit Picks' Harmony needles are made of multi-colored laminated birch and are absolutely gorgeous! AND, to make matters worse, you can get them as tips in the Options set for only $10 more than the original nickel plated version!

Dammit! I thought I had the will power to resist but they have discovered a weakness I didn't know I had. How could any knitter in their right mind not crave these needles?!?

Now, I find myself trying to rationalize buying these needles. For one thing, the entire Harmony Options set costs significantly less than purchasing each needle individually (especially if you have a slight addiction to Addis.) According to some of my knitting friends, the Knit Picks needles outperform Addis in many respects. Also, the wooden tips are less likely to be confiscated at the airport. All good reasons, don't you think?

Hmmmmm...I might actually cave on this one.
HELP!


2 comments:

Salty Miss Jill said...

Think about it for a week. If you still want it as much then, and it's still available, it's meant to be yours!

Besides, you deserve a present. :)A pretty lady needs pretty needles.

Nancy said...

Go ahead and cave. I took the plunge, and my only regret is that I didn't purchase them earlier. I use this needle set more than I thought I would. I also ordered an extra set of tips for the sizes that I use the most often and an extra cable in each length.

I wish that they had the smaller needle sizes in this set as well.