Thursday, September 13, 2007

New Finished Object Pics!


Okay, so I had a plan to create a fruit basket of baby hats for a co-worker of mine who just recently had a baby. My intention was to have this finished by the time the baby was born. Well, that didn't happen BUT I did complete what started out to be a strawberry but looks more like a tomato to me because I just couldn't get the seeds right! Gretchen said that she received baby gifts for Tala months after she was born so I guess there's still time for the pumpkin, watermelon, blueberry and eggplant hats. We'll see how that one goes.


On the list of things I've been working on for far too long, I did manage to complete a decent version of the cabled fingerless glove pattern from an old issue of Interweave knits. I've been playing around with this pattern for a while and frogged two previous attempts. However, I'm pleased to report that I'm sticking with this one. I love the yarn (alpaca!), the color, the cute little cable up the center. And this time the thumb isn't even all that bad. Now if I can only finish the left glove before equinox I'll be in good shape!

1 comment:

Salty Miss Jill said...

These look fantastic!
You GO, girl! :)